So, why join IABC/Austin?
You’ll tap into the collective experience of your peers around the world for new ideas, fresh insights, and problem solving assistance.
You’ll enhance your skills via IABC’s robust library of how-to articles, case studies, research and manuals, and you’ll have your peers to help guide you. And don’t forget IABC’s world-class education conferences.
With online and face-to-face networking, you can uncover the hidden job market here in Austin, as well as globally. And if you’re a freelancer, IABC is a great place to find clients.
The IABC Austin chapter offers members:
- Regular professional communication & networking events
- An opportunity to grow your skills, contacts and knowledge
- A variety of networking opportunities for connecting with Austin-area business communicators
- Reduced rates for monthly luncheons, our annual awards gala, regional conferences and other events
- Job postings from area corporations, non-profits and agencies
Other member benefits include:
- Your own bi-monthly copy of Communication World magazine
- Reduced rates to IABC’s renowned annual conferences and many resources and publications
- An international accreditation program
- Reduced rates to enter the international Gold Quill awards program
- An online IABC Member Centre, with tools and resources to help you in your job
- A full range of information resources and research materials
Join IABC today and you’ll plug into a diverse, international network of professionals who believe knowledge sharing is the best answer. To join, or find more information on dues, visit http://www.iabc.com/join/.
More on the Benefits of Membership in IABC International
- MemberSpeak is the meeting place for IABC members around the world. A high-powered posting area where you can trade ideas, solicit advice, debate strategies and share information with your peers.
- A fully searchable member directory includes members’ address, phone, and fax information, and other search parameters such as geography or industry . You can even email other members through our confidential technology.
- The IABC Buzz contains member posts about personal and professional achievements, such as educational degrees, promotions, weddings, job moves, births/adoptions and the like.
- See what IABC’s executive board leaders and senior staff have to say on the IABC Café, as their individual blogs address what they’re thinking.
- The IABC eXchange allows you to create private websites or blogs, as well as traditional public blogs. You control the content and who gets to see it.
Job Search Assistance
- IABC’s Job Centre web site lists hundreds of jobs at all levels, which you can search by keyword, location, or job type.
- The IABC Marketplace is a service to connect consultants and freelancers with prospective clients. While the public can view the directory, only IABC members can create entries describing their services.
- My Communication (MyComm for short) is an online strategic planning tool which takes users through a six-step process resulting in a comprehensive, strategic communication plan. The tool also allows users to share and collaborate online.
- Chock full of detailed case studies and how-to advice from long-time practitioners, Communication World (CW) is delivered six times a year to IABC members.
- CW’s sister publication, CW Bulletin, is a monthly electronic newsletter addressing major topical concerns facing today’s communicators.
- Discovery is an online archive of content available exclusively to IABC members. Members have complimentary access to CW and CW Bulletin along with select Research Foundation reports and US$1,800 of Knowledge Centre content resources. At the premium level, members get Gold Quill Award-winning case studies; Knowledge Centre manuals, books and templates; and all research reports. Yearly subscriptions to the premium level—containing more than US$5,000 in content—are just US$99 per year more.
. . . and SO Much More